Saturday 18 October 2014

Kensington Parka/Moose Knuckles STRUGGLE!!!!!! SOLD OUT O.O?


With Winter approaching and October slowly ending, I decided that today I would go jacket shopping with my friend Noah. Since it was pay day and after looking at my old 2012 Goose Bomber Neon Orange colour jacket (which I must admit, I seriously need to get it dry cleaned if I plan to wear it this year) I decided I would purchase the Kensington Parka by Canada Goose OR Stirling Parka by Moose knuckles. So today was a crazy day so here my lovely review. 

CANADA GOOSE- Kensington Parka
    So ORIGINALLY, I really wanted the Kensington Parka. Why would I want another goose? 

1. I feel this parka has more style and detail. One thing that i can compare with Goose VS Moose Knuckle is the difference in style especially in the front appearance of the jacket. Goose defiantly displays more pockets, buttons and overall looks/stands out more compared to Moose knuckle                                           2. Kensington Parka gives off a slim shape to anyone who wears one regardless of body size compared to moose knuckle. It really shows the individuals body well when an individual has curves compared to the moose which isn't as "kind" or "flexible" with the curvy population such as myself.        3. Canadian Goose in Parka comes in various colours and me being more of a bright side colour girl wouldn't wanna waste $800 on a "black" jacket or something that doesn't complement my style. 

Now the MAJOR problem and reason I didnt get this jacket is that XXL is offically SOLD OUT. Yes in mid October a winter jacket is Sold out in EVERY DAMN STORE, online shopping site and even on the Canadian Goose website -3-. This is really upsetting because XL clearly fits me but due to it being a more SLIM fit design a extra size bigger would allow me to comfortably close the jacket. I was debating between these two colours but since its sold out why should I care -3-. Called every Sporting Life and no luck. So now to move onto Moose knuckles...


ARTIC DUSK
SUMMIT PINK

MOOSE KNUCKLES: Stirling Parka
    So, Moose knuckle was my second option JUST IN CASE I couldn't find anything in the goose department. Indeed I truthful do love Moose knuckle for a few reasons 

  

1. The Style of the jacket is very sexy, especially the bomber style. I truthful am in love with the neon pink with black fur limited edition version but due to me Already possessing a bomber goose jacket in a NEON colour that everyone down the block can see me at the bus stop type of jacket, i decided maybe would be a 3rd jacket in the near future.
2. The style of the longer parka gives off a very elegant and more "professional" outlook. Im looking for a jacket that I not only can use casually in the winter for those crazy winter Toronto Ice storming days, but if going to events or parties in the winter, moose knuckle still presents a more "elegant or classy" look compared to goose. 
3. Goose is VERY popular especially last year compared to Moose knuckle which in a way gives Moose knuckle a bit of an advantage this year. In few people viewpoints, goose is "TOO" popular thus bringing its value down. People assume when they see so many individuals with Goose that the price must be indeed cheaper and more affordable. Thus, in a judgmental viewpoint Goose is "another one of those jackets" compared to moose knuckle which few still question its worth and price difference (even though both parka's are pretty much the same price, Goose being $745 and Moose being $795- 50 buck difference?)


My only down side which I stated early was their lack of Colours available. Besides from the pink, there is only about 6 -7 colours available, 3 of them being very dark shades of black, blue and grey which look very similar to one another. Though now you have the option of white fur or black fur. 

With Moose Knuckle their largest size is XL in STORES. Online does have XXL but SOLD OUT completely. However, moose knuckles website has an option to update you through email if any NEW or RESTOCK of their jacket comes in and can even pick the style, colour and size you want (finally something useful). 

SO, I didn't get a Moose knuckle but would want one in the future

Seeing as I was pretty bummed that I couldn't get my size or any jacket that looked nice, Noah (who had no problem finding his X-small navy blue goose jacket =3= and thus has a moose and goose) treated me to Starbucks (I will probably talk about Pumpkin Spice Latte in a separate post before christmas season hits). 

I went to Bayview Village to Honey, Mendocino and Blue Marine Co all having no XL-2XL available. So i had no luck. Even the women complained about Moose knuckle sizing being totally wrong and a XL literally was a size L which didn't make me feel to bad about it not fitting right. 

So, I decided that if i cant get it this year, illl just gotta work my butt off in the gym and lose some weight (which indeed was my originally plan due to me KNOWING how the parka jackets being longer and slimmer would not be friendly to my lovely curves and specifically thigh area). Pretty sad how low of stock they have for plus size inviduals or even people who have curves and a bigger chest. Overall it was a pretty bummed out day but gotta think positive.

Yumoyori <3~


No comments:

Post a Comment