Tuesday 3 February 2015

January Haul- Michael Kors, MAC, Sephora, and Roots

I haven't posted in a long time!!! Almost the end of January! Lots have happened and since my workload changed from nights to days, its REALLY hard for me to blog as often as I use too! However, today I have some spare time before I hit the bed so I wanted to be a little productive! I went major shopping on Saturday (24th) since I needed ALOT of stuff and wanted to get gift shopping out of the way. Lets get started!

MICHAEL KORS: 

I'll talk about MK first since for the other stuff I bought it kind of gives it away XD! So my one and only Queen aka my MOM, has an obsession with MK just like I do! Therefore, I decided to pick up a "little" gift for her to show off both here and when she goes on vacation!

When we entered MK and looked at the options, I decided to choose what would be best and different from the previous bags I've bought my mom. Me and my Mom BOTH have 4 MK bags each (or 8 in total). All of my Mom's are Hamilton Tote version with the lock in front while I have 2 Hamilton's tote, 1 Gold Stud Tote and one Selma. This is why my main focus was to get my mom something DIFFERENT!

I ended up getting my mom the Michael Kors Camden Large Metallic Leather Drawstring Shoulder Bag in GOLD! My mom is IN LOVE with Gold THUS it only made sense. Price: $400

NOW, the good part was the amount of money I saved thanks to the 20% promotion going on (it was the last day!!) which if I bought a regular handbag and a cross-body I would get 20% on the whole purchase! So I got a little something for myself hehehe <3 Original Price: $135

MAC & SEPHORA:

I decided to do a little makeup shopping for a number of reasons. It being the new year, one of my resolutions was to love myself more and present myself better in society than my usual Root sweats, sweater weather look I usually pull off ALL THE TIME! Of course, when I'm going to work, I will wear my sweats proudly, but on my days off and special occasion I want to look a more mature and sophisticated. Therefore, some lipstick and eyeshadow was in order!!!

MAC "Prowl" Lipstick:
   I actually didn't buy this lipstick, my lovely friend Stefany, who is a MAC addict (for many good reasons) gave this to me!! I really wanted a dark red lipstick for more casual events or a nice date night. This shade is perfect, with a hint of sparkle which will look marvelous at a club or lounge. Excited to use it but I'll reserve it for now.


VivaGlam Miley Cyrus Lipstick:
  Moment, I saw this on Facebook advertisement, I WAS SOLD! I'm still new to MAC or makeup in general but this color IS PERFECT on so many levels! I've wanted a pink lipstick but many of them are either WAY to pink or the hue is just strange. However, this nice hot pink is a nice blend! When I applied it, I was really impressed. For a night out, it really gives a soft look and isn't TOO bright as you may think simply by looking at it. However, if you wear it during the day, its transitions to its hot pink beauty! The Lip gloss is a good combination with the lipstick, giving off a nice add of sparkle which looks marvelous in sunlight (or any light to be honest). Let me also mention, you can use them in combination or separate which will give you different looks as well. Independently or Combined, you will look Flawless.  


I went out to a night event with my best friend and this lipstick AND lipgloss did justice. It's been talked by many makeup guru's on instagram already and no one seems disappointed, including myself. It life span is much longer than other lipstick brands and if I hadn't had chicken wings, probably would have lasted me a few hours. The best thing about this purchase, is all funds will go towards individuals living with AIDS/HIV so at least this purchase was towards a good cause.

Really close up with the top half complete, bottom lip work in progress :P
Lipstick completed my look for my dinner with my bestie <3~
Urban Decay "VICE" Eyeshadow Palette:

 I LOVE EYESHADOW!
 It looks amazing on my complexion and really brightens me up regardless of the event. I've normally used drug store eyeshadow for a very long time but today I decided, No I want a nice eyeshadow palette that has a variety of colors esp for more neutral and "classy" looks. So my ORIGINAL plan was to get Urban Decay NAKED palette (between 1,2 and 3). However, when at Sephora in the UD section I stumbled upon this beauty.

NAKED of course is a really good palette and very popular for neutral classy looks but due to my skin color and my personality being more of a "bright" color individual, I wanted to spend my money on something that I can use for pretty much any occasion. So this palette fit that category! 
Variety of Colors to choose from
When you first open the box, the palette actually comes in a really nice cover to protect the mirror type surface, which I haven't seen with other palettes. I was already impressed with such a discovery.  The outside is very nice and shiny.
When I opened the palette, the range of shades and thought of the endless combinations that could be created, it literally made me smile and rejoice.

Also, would love to stress out the price! For UD NAKED (any type) or UD Electric palette both cost about $58-69 before tax. So lets just say $70 dollars worth. They come with less range of colors, and are much smaller portion. However, with UD VICE palette, this lovely piece with 20 different shades is $70 dollars. Was totally worth the purchase. I'm excited to try it but I'm saving it for later on in the year for more sophisticated looks and events.

ROOTS:

Finally, Got me a pair of sweats (I ended up going back and buying yet ANOTHER pair in pure black since the material is different and when you got thighss.....they dont go well together).

Anyways, THATS IT! Thats all I bought in January. I told myself I would save money but when the opportunity appears, you just live life and grab it. Hopefully, next month I wont spend "too" much money hehe.

Missed All My Bloggers <3 Thanks for Reading
Till Next Time...
Yumoyori <3~

No comments:

Post a Comment